Student Center History
Video of Grand Opening Speeches
- Fall 2005
- Student Center task force comes together
- Summer 2006
- Horberger & Worstell selected as architects
- Spring 2008
- Designing begins and Sundt Construction is brought on as the Construction Managers
- Summer 2008
- Alamosa Design comes on as Interior Designer
- Spring 2009
- Final plans produced, building scheduled at 130,000 square feet
- Project put on hold
- April 11th - 13th, 2011
- Voting on the Student Fee Referendum
- November 16th, 2011
- Board of Trustees voted unanimously on the Student Center
- Fall 2011
- Construction begins
Hornberger + Worstell, an architecture firm based in San Francisco, is recognized for its expertise in the master planning and design of destination resorts, urban business and conference hotels, recreation and wellness facilities, academic and residential communities, and mixed-use complexes, as well as the rehabilitation and modernization of historic structures.
Sundt Construction, Inc. is one of the country’s largest and most respected general contractors. Known nationally for its innovative approach to construction services, the firm is currently ranked the 58th largest construction company in the United States by ENR, the industry’s principal trade magazine. Although Sundt has performed several projects for the California State University system, this is their first on the Sonoma State campus.
Welcome to the Student Center Construction image gallery! Click the image below in order to view an array of photographs from this project. You can navigate through this gallery by using the arrow keys on the images, and the close button in the upper right-hand corner to close the gallery. Clicking outside the image will also close the gallery.