Tenure Track Faculty HiringRuben Armiñana
The faculty of Sonoma State University is committed to recruiting and hiring
the most qualified faculty possible through a fair and inclusive advertising,
interviewing and selection process. It is our intention to attract and retain
diverse faculty members who are gifted and involved teachers, active scholars
and enthusiastic participants in University and community service.
- Departments shall develop projections of staffing needs consistent with current instructional needs and based on the department’s long-range program plan.
- Position descriptions shall be developed reflecting both department needs and its selection criteria.
- Once funding for the position has been approved, position announcements shall be placed in a timely fashion in media most likely to attract the most qualified and diverse pool of applicants.
- Search committees must be elected by the department to include a minimum of one tenured faculty member.
- The search committee shall abide by the selection criteria specified by the position announcement in the selection of candidates.
- All candidates shall be treated substantially the same within each level of the review process. Similar expectations shall be placed upon all final candidates during their visits and interviews at Sonoma State University.
- Once suitable candidate(s) for the position has (have) been agreed upon by the search committee, then the candidate’s name(s) is (are) forwarded to the dean. If more than one candidate’s name is forwarded, then a ranked list is provided. Per the Board of Trustees’ Statement on Collegiality, faculty recommendations and ranking are normally accepted, except in rare instances and for compelling reasons.
- The President’s appointment letter should specify the terms and conditions of employment.
Updated May 22, 2006 by SSU.firstname.lastname@example.org