Learnig about HTTP Protocol
- In Class:
Understanding the web delivery mechanism (HTTP)
A- Study the demo
example for HTTP protocol (download example from http.cap )
. Answer to to the following questions:
- Who initiate the TCP termination. Explain your answer.
- What is the flag definition for ACK message?
- What version of HTTP trasfer protocol is using? Explain your answer.
- How many bytes are in a TCP SYN Frame? Using a rectangular frame (you can use VISIO) show the size of all embedded segments, frames, data, flags, etc.
- What version of IP is a SYN frame using?
- How many HTTP requests can be found in this example? What type of requests are they? Write their packet numbers.
B- Do The HTTP
Wireshark Lab. Answer all the questions. All
questions must be clearly shown.
C- Capturing password on an unsecure webpage:
- Using Wireshark, show that it is possible to capture the password for this website: Secure Web. Show a snapshot of your results.
- Can you display your sonoma.edu password using Wireshark? Explain your answer.
Advanced topics for future (extra credit)
- This is a very nice posting as to how to decrypt secure http