ES 231: Electronics I Laboratory
Instructor: Shahram Marivani
Section 1, Section Code: 2847
Times: 1:00 pm - 3:50 pm
Location: Salazar Hall, Room 2005
Office hours: Mondays, 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm or by appointment
Phone: (707) 664-2150
Office location: Salazar Hall, Room 2002
E-Mail: marivani at sonoma dot edu
Laboratory, 2 hours and 50 minutes. This is a practical course intended to provide hands-on experience for the students in performing electronics measurement on basic electronic circuits. The students are encouraged to correlate theory with practical results and to identify reasons for differences between the two results.
Students are to finalize their reports during the last 30 minutes of each lab session. This would be a collaborative effort of the lab partners. The reports are due at the end of each session. No late lab report would be accepted.
A: ≥ 94, A-: 90 to 93, B+: 87 to 89, B: 84 to 86, B-: 80 to 83, C+: 77 to 79, C: 74 to 76, C-: 70 to 73, D+: 67 to 69, D: 64 to 66, D-: 60 to 63 and F: ≤ 60
- Arrive on time to attend the lab. Unexcused absences will affect your grade.
- Read the lab instructions available on the course website before you come to class.
- Turn off cell phones, earphones and other distracting devices.
|3/24||Digital Circuit Design|
|3/31||Cesar Chavez Birthday (campus closed)|
|4/7||Small Signal Model & DC Operating Point of a BJT|
|4/14||Common Emitter Amplifier|
|4/21||Common Base Amplifier|
- Cadence Simulation Model files/Design Library:
- Jack Ou's Cadence Tutorials: