To complete the knowledge survey, please try pasting the following link into your browser:
- Otterman, S. & Gebelok, R. (February 25, 2012). In teacher ratings, good test scores are sometimes not good enough. New York Times.
- Dunning, D., Heath, C., & Suls, J. M. (2004). Flawed Self-Assessment: Implications for Health, Education, and the Workplace. Psychological Science In The Public Interest, 5(3), 69-106. doi:10.1111/j.1529-1006.2004.00018.x
Group and Team Dynamics
- SPSP press release: When Women Sell Themselves Short on Team Projects
- Kozlowski, S. J., & Ilgen, D. (2006). Enhancing the Effectiveness of Work Groups and Teams. Psychological Science In The Public Interest, 7(3), 77-124. doi:10.1111/j.1529-1006.2006.00030.x
- Mannix, E., & Neale, M. A. (2005). What Differences Make a Difference? The Promise and Reality of Diverse Teams in Organizations. Psychological Science In The Public Interest, 6(2), 31-55. doi:10.1111/j.1529-1006.2005.00022.x
Work Motivation, Emotions and Attitudes
Careers, Training and Professinal Development
here to access O*net - the occupational titles database.
- Goldfrab, R. W. (November 12, 2012). How to bridge hiring gap. New York Times.
- Knidekel, M. (March 16, 2013). Different strategies for being mentored. San Francisco Chronicle.
- Salas, E., Tannenbaum, S. I., Kraiger, K., & Smith-Jentsch, K. A. (2012). The science of training and development in organizations: What matters in practice. Psychological Science In The Public Interest, 13(2), 74-101. doi:10.1177/1529100612436661
Leadership, Power and Politics
Individual (and Group) Decision-Making
Communication, Conflict and Negotiation
Stress, Stress Management and Health
Organization Culture, Diversity
- Stewart, J.B. (March 15,2103). Looking for a lesson in Google's Perks. New York Times.
- Hill, L. (January 13, 2013). Job applicants need to find cultural fit. San Francisco Chronicle.
- The journal article cited by Hill: Rivera, L. A. (2012). Hiring as Cultural Matching: The Case of Elite Professional Service Firms. American Sociological Review, 77(6), 999-1022. doi:10.1177/0003122412463213
- Scully, S. (February 22, 2013). Racial graffitti at SSU prompts new efforts for tolorance. Press Democrat.
- The official site for the 2002 BBC replciation of the Zimbardo (1973) prison study.
- Palmer, B. (August 5, 2013). What happens in racial sensitivity training? How counselors will try to talk the racism out of Riley Cooper. Slate.com
- Eichenwald, K. (2012). Microsoft's lost decade. Atlantic Monthly.
Heather Smith, Ph.D.