1. The population of a town was 20,000 in 1970, and 40,000 in 2000. Let x denote the number of years from 1970, and let y denote the population. Find a linear equation which predicts these population figures. Use this equation to predict the population in 2010.
2. In Problem 1, find an exponential function which predicts the figures. Use this exponential function to predict the population in 2010.
3. Graph y = x2 + 2x - 3. Find
4. Solve x2 + 2x - 3 > 0
5. Let f(x) = 2x + 3, g(x) = x2 + 2x. Find fog(x) and gof(x).
8. Express as a single log
9. Solve for x and check:
11. This is the graph of y = f(x).
Match the following functions with their graphs.
a) f(x + 2), b) f(x - 2), c) f(x) + 2, d) f(x) - 2, e) f(2x), f) f(x/2), g) 2f(x), h) f(x)/2