1. Let y = 3x2 + 4x - 5
Find the y-intercept, x-intercepts, the coordinates of the vertex, and sketch the graph.
Solve 3x2 + 4x - 5 > 0 for x.
2. Solve for x
3. Graph y = 1.1x
4. Change to logarithmic form ex = a
5. Change to exponential form t = log x
7. Express as a single log 3logb x - logb y + 4 logb z
8. Solve for x log4 (x + 3) - log4 (x-1) = 1
9. Suppose that the population of a city is 10,000 in 1970 and 50,000 in 1990. Assume further that the population is given by the formula
where P is the population in the year 1970, t is the number of years since 1970, and r is a suitable constant.
10. Write out Pascal's triangle to the 7th row
11. Remove parentheses and simplify (x + y)6
12. Compute 23C7
13. Compute the square root of 40.
14. Compute e2
15. Compute ln 2