Admissions and Benefits Checklist


Application deadlines:

Admission Requirements

Seawolf Self Service Account

Once you have applied you will be asked to create your own SSU On Line Service account that will enable you to view your:

  • Application Status
  • Missing or Required Documents
  • Accept/Decline Admission
  • Financial Aid Status
  • Personal To-Do List
  • Update your Personal Contact Info

Documents/Transcripts Needed

  • Send Official Transcripts from each institution of higher education to the Admission Office
  • Military transcript
  • Copy of DD214

Credit for Military Training in Non-Collegiate Settings

Sonoma State University grants undergraduate degree credit for successful completion of non-collegiate instruction, either military or civilian, as recommended by the Commission on Educational Credit and Credentials of the American Council on Education. The number of units allowed are those recommended in the Guide to the Evaluation of Educational Experience in the Armed Services and the National Guide to Educational Credit for Training Programs.

Six semester units of credit are awarded for being on active duty for at least one year in the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines or Coast Guard. Three of these units can be used to complete Area E of the CSU General Education Program.

Documents that should be submitted to assess credit for military education are:

  • Joint Services Transcripts (Army, Navy, Marines, Coast Guard)
  • Community College of the Air Force transcript
  • DD-214

Sonoma State University also awards credit for College Level Education Program (CLEP) subject examinations.

Transfer credit is not determined until after a student has been admitted and paid their enrollment reservation deposit (ERD).

The Office of Admissions will assist you with questions you may have about transfer credit to determine your student level and admissions eligibility.

Getting On Track

SSU specific transfer admission practices presentation

Stay On Track

Checklist web site for dates and deadlines.


Submission of Certificate of Eligibility

  • If you do not have the Certificate of Eligibility. Contact last schools attended and ask if they have the document on file
  • If you are unable to acquire a copy of the document, please contact the VA at: 1(888)-GIBILL-1 Veteran Certification Form- ( VCF)
  • Once you are enrolled in classes at SSU, set up a meeting with Adrianne Price to get your benefits started
  • The VCF certifies the classes you are enrolled in that semester
  • This form is required for benefits payments
  • The VCF must be submitted once per semester Academic Plan Contract- (APC)
  • To receive benefits, the APC is required before you start your 2"d semester. Veterans will not be certified until this form is on file
  • This form must be filled out with your advisor in your major department
  • All degree applicable classes must be on this form including GE, and all other course past, present and future that are required for graduation Academic Plan Addendum - (AP A)
  • The AP A is required only for courses that are not included on the APC (above), and can be submitted on an as needed basis