Are you nearing retirement or interested in learning more about CalPERS Retirement options? Enroll in the Planning Your Retirement class to learn about the CalPERS retirement process, programs and benefits offered by the California Public Employees’ Retirement System. Continue Reading 'Upcoming CalPERS Retirement Class...'
A Message from Employee Services: As we wrap-up another Staff Appreciation Day, we would like to extend a big thank you to everyone who participated and contributed to the success of the day. The day was especially successful due to the generous assistance of our on-campus supporters and volunteers. Continue Reading 'Staff Appreciation Day Wrap Up...'
In his 32 years at Sonoma State University, Steve has always demonstrated his commitment to the University and its core values. He constantly goes beyond his normal duties by making suggestions to faculty or fixing equipment to improve the teaching experience. Continue Reading 'Staff Excellence...'
John has spent his career as a Library Assistant at Sonoma State University operating the Multimedia Services desk in the Library. John is one of those special people who receives numerous accolades from faculty for the indispensable support of their teaching. Continue reading 'Staff Excellence...'
- Kathryn Atwood, Administrative Analyst/Specialist, Hutchins School of Liberal Studies
- "Since she joined the Hutchins School just a little over a year ago, Kat has contributed in many ways to the overall functioning of the program. Perhaps most significantly she has revised our website, which was in desperate need of an upgrade. She always responds promptly and effectively to requests for support or supplies, and has gone out of her way to provide assistance on a number of occasions. "
- –– Nominated by Debora Hammond, School of Arts and Humanities, March 20, 2013
- Tai Russotti, Office of the Dean Arts and Humanities
- "Tai Russotti is one of the most professional staffers I have ever met in the School. While showing warmth, compassion, and respect to the faculty, Tai accurately addresses complex budget and scheduling issues that require a great depth of understanding. Tai has a beatific smile that calms her colleagues, even while she is working at a furious pace to complete her work. Her sense of duty and dedication is greatly appreciated by the School. She is trustworthy and has a kind spirit. She serves as a wonderful inspiration to us all. Congrats for a job well done!"
- — Nominated by Elizabeth Burch, Communication Studies, April 17, 2013
Catch someone doing something great? Click here to nominate them for an Applause Award.
Staff Appreciation Day Photos!
Staff enjoying a breakfast at the Zinfandel dining room.
VP for University Affairs Dan Condron gives an introduction to the day.
AVP for Academic Affairs John Kornfeld announcing the Staff Excellence Award winners.
The first award receipient Steven Anderson from the Department of Physics and Astronomy gives his acceptance speech.
The second award receipient John Müller from the University Library gives his acceptance speech.