Solicitation for Water Works
This interdisciplinary, cross-campus initiative for Fall 2012 and Spring 2013 has already attracted partners from Science & Technology, Social Sciences, Field Stations & Nature Preserves, the Library, the Sonoma Film Institute and Arts & Humanities. Check it out at http://www.sonoma.edu/waterworks/
How can you get involved?
1. If you're teaching a class with any water-related content: paste this faucet into your syllabus. The faucet image is one of the great unifying elements of Water Works – we hope to have it all over campus throughout the year. Downloadable image files at http://www.sonoma.edu/waterworks/download/.
2. Send us a course or event description at the e-mail addresses below and we'll post it on the website.
3. Bring a class to a Water Works performance. Numerous performances examine the science, politics, and symbolism of water. Our on-line study guides prepare your lesson for you, with pre-selected readings and discussion questions. Student experts can visit your class to discuss performances. http://www.sonoma.edu/waterworks/performances/
4. Join a pre-show panel for a play. If you have expertise in a water-related subject, we have pre-show panels with experts to talk to the audience. If you're interested in being part of one, let us know!
5. Tell people. If you know someone who wants to jump in the pool, have them contact us.
In a time of budget madness, Water Works wants to capitalize on SSU's unique ability to cross-pollinate and share ideas, creativity, and resources across campus. It's all about collaboration and sustainability.