On Sunday Aug. 19, the first student recipients of the WolfBucks for Books Award received their WolfBucks cards and headed to the bookstore to purchase their books for the fall semester. The Fund for Sonoma State, WolfBucks and faculty at SSU contributed funds for 18 $100 WolfBucks for Books Awards. Continue Reading 'WolfBucks for Books...'
Low cost physical examinations and health appraisals for well adults and children are available through the Nursing Department's Family Nurse Practitioner Program at Sonoma State University on Tuesdays and Saturdays, from Oct. 16 through Dec. 15. The exams are supervised by Nursing Faculty and performed by Family Nurse Practitioner students who are registered nurses enrolled in the Master's nursing program.Continue Reading 'Low Cost Health...'
The WASC Commission (Western Association of Schools and Colleges), SSU's regional accreditor, has asked for an interim report, due by November 1, 2012, to address progress on three topics...
Sonoma State University Director of Choral Activities Jenny Bent is teaching her students about more than singing. They are learning about using the power of music as a catalyst to give back to the community. On Sunday, October 21, at 4 p.m., the SSU Symphonic Chorus and Chamber Singers will present Songs of Peace and Thanksgiving, a gala concert and reception in Weill Hall to benefit the Redwood Empire Food Bank. Continue reading 'Gala Choral Event at Weill Hall...'
Catch someone doing something great? Click here to nominate them for an Applause Award.
- Steven Nank, Mail and Receiving Coordinator, Mail and Receiving
- "Steven Nank has an excellent rapport with his student assistants. He can be a very mellow person, yet when it comes to doing his demanding job, he is ever on the move! When a Student has a question he is a very patient listener and explains things in a calm manner. You would never know that he has a million things on his mind that all ask for his immediate attention. Way to go Steven! You set a wonderful example for us all."
- — Nominated by Dee Pettis, Mail Clerk, Mail and Receiving, September 26, 2012
- Toni Boracchia, Sippy Levine, Carolyn Montgomery, Student Health Center
- "After getting stung behind the ear by a yellow jacket last week, these three ladies from the Student Health Center really came through for me in a scary situation. Sippy, Toni, and Carolyn kept me calm, made sure my asthma/allergies didn't flare up, and kept the ice packs coming. I truly appreciate their care and professionalism. If you absolutely have to get stung, these ladies have your back!"
- — Nominated by Kathryn Atwood, Administrative Analyst/Specialist, Hutchins School of Liberal Studies, September 25, 2012
- Janet Pearsall, Frank Nides, Ira McKern, Tommy Stokes, Dan Kizirian, Larry Stone, Chuck Elliott, Mark Utarid, Seth Utarid, John Champie, John Duke, Facilities Management
- "The Facilities Management Department did a tremendous job in restoring power to the Sonoma State University observatory at the southeast end of campus. A small fire on a nearby hill disrupted our power and threatened our first scheduled Public Viewing Night on September 14. But due to their hard work and quick response, we were able to open up and host about 100 visitors that night!"
- — Nominated by Scott Severson, Associate Professor, Physics and Astronomy, September 17, 2012
Associate Professor Jeffery Reeder will soon be using his Spanish language expertise in a whole new way. Reeder has been appointed as Chief Reader Designate by the College Board to oversee the scoring of the Spanish Language Advanced Placement examination. Continue Reading 'Jeffrey Reeder...'
This & That
Publishing Work in the 21st Century Focus of First Writers at Sonoma Event
Are you pursuing a literary career and dream of being published? Writers at Sonoma presents an evening designed to share the wisdom of several established literary professionals, called "Publishing Your Work in the 21st Century: A Panel of Writers and Editors," on Tuesday, Oct. 16 at 7 p.m. in Weill Hall at the Green Music Center at Sonoma State University. Continue Reading 'Writers...'
Lee Mun Wah - Reminder
The Day of Diversity Training with Lee Mun Wah is this Friday, Oct. 12