WolfBucks for Books Recipients Announced

CSU Logo

These awards are designed to provide students with funds in hand to purchase their books at the start of the semester rather than after classes have started.

We are so excited to be instituting this program," said Laurie Ogg, Director of Annual Giving and Alumni Relations. "We're tangibly improving the start to a student's semester by giving them the opportunity to get their books before several class sessions have gone by."

It was a great beginning for the new program and the impact was felt immediately:

• "I owe a lifetime of gratitude and thanks for having received this award. I needed it dearly, and it helped me purchase a few books as well as paying for a couple of loads of laundry! I think this award reflects on Sonoma State University, and how much they care about students getting the help they need financially. They go above and beyond, and I know the students appreciate it greatly." – P.Saldana
  • "Without this scholarship I personally wouldn't know how I would pay for some of my textbooks. This award not only helped me, but it also helped my parents because it was one less thing they had to worry about. To me this means more than anything…I would like to offer the SSU Donors my sincerest thanks for your generosity by awarding Sonoma State students and EOP students like me the WolfBucks for Books Award scholarship." - V. Maciel
  • "The WolfBucks for Books Award was a big help. It really helped me get my semester started. I could not have purchased my books without it. With the WolfBucks Award I purchased my statistics book which, used, costs $115. I only had to pay a small amount for the book and I could not be more thankful." - H. Santiago
  • "The amount of money, no matter what it may have been is more than appreciated by myself and every other person your giving had has touched…The cost of college in general is large, but being from LA it's greater. Transportation to and from my home is pricey. This WolfBucks for Books award will and has helped me save money in order to travel home for Thanksgiving." – L. Green

We are thrilled with the impact of this program and its potential for the future. Alumni, parents and friends will have the opportunity to support this program through the Fund for Sonoma State. Our goal for next academic year is to double the number of students who benefit from this program. A gift of just $10 a month will sponsor one WolfBucks for Books award.

Visit https://commerce.cashnet.com/ssugivetodev?itemcode=SSUDEV-WBOOK to make a WolfBucks for Books gift online or contact Laurie Ogg, Director of Annual Giving and Alumni Relations, for recurring credit card gifts or gifts through payroll deduction 707.664.2036.