SSU WORKPLACE

CalPERSProfile of CSU Employees

The Employee Profile is intended as a reference for those seeking demographic information about employees of the California State University. It includes information on employees at all 23 campuses as well as the Chancellor’s Office. Visit the 'Profile of CSU Employees'

RankingsIntroducing 'Our Language Community'

Moving towards creating a more welcoming campus climate, a database has been set up in a Moodle site to gather information about SSU campus community members who speak languages other than English. Continue Reading 'Introducing 'Our Language Community'...'

MysteryWeGo Rideshare

Drive to work alone? Consider ridesharing this fall. Hundreds of dollars can be saved with WeGo Rideshare. It’s a new, flexible carpooling system made possible by a regional transportation grant and the Climate Protection Campaign. WeGo Rideshare is for SSU faculty, staff, and students. Learn more here: http://www.sonoma.edu/newscenter/2013/01/wego-sonoma-real-time-ridesharing-comes-to-ssu.html and get signed up here: http://wegorideshare.com/ssu/.

If any faculty are interested in scheduling a brief presentation about WeGo for a class or group this fall, contact the WeGo Team.

APPLAUSE AWARDS

Landscaping Department: Jose Aceves, George Atkinson, Luke Crawford, Robert Cunningham, James Doherty, Kevin Dunn, Alonso Gonzalez-Yanez, Jennifer Kielar, Jaime Lugo, Tony Machado, Yriberto Mendoza, Kevin Otten, Jay Pedersen, Jim Silva, Harry Staples, Larry Stone, Dan Twyford, Mike Twyford and Sam Youney
Applause Award"It is spring time and I am amazed at the beauty of the campus. The team is always working at maintaining the campus landscape and improving it. I can tell that they put a lot of pride into their work. I'm giving the entire landscaping crew a standing ovation! "
–– Nominated by John-Scott Forester, Art Department, April 23, 2013
Neil Markley, Entrepreneurial Activities
Applause Award"The vending machine upstairs in Salazar Hall jammed when I tried to buy a soda with dollar bills. The card reader became disabled and nobody else could use the machine. I felt bad my bill had jammed the machine. I knew better than to use bills in that machine and should have put money on my Seawolf Card. Out of nowhere Neil appeared with the Golden Touch. I was defeated by the machine and Neil stepped up and got the machine to release my dollar bill and it unjammed the machine. It took him a few minutes to troubleshoot and get it to release the dollar bill. You know there are days when you just want a Pepsi and that machine won't give it to you. Thank you Neil for the Pepsi and for unjamming the machine! "
—— Nominated by Carson Williams, Financial Aid, April 15, 2013

Catch someone doing something great? Click here to nominate them for an Applause Award.

Calendar

Calendar

This & That

Gerald Haslam Awarded

"In Thought and Action: The Enigmatic Life of S.I. Hayakawa" (Univ. of Nebraska Press), a biography written by Dr. Gerald Haslam (Emeritus English) and his wife Janice (SSU B.S., '86), has been selected to receive a 2013 Award of Merit by the American Association for State and Local History.