Tax Sheltered Annuity and Tax Deferred Savings Fair
The CSU Tax Sheltered Annuity (TSA) Program is an optional benefit for all employees. It offers a robust, manageable selection of investment choices from five Fund Sponsors (Fidelity, ING, MetLife, TIAA-CREF and VALIC) and allows employees to manage monthly contributions via Retirement Management. Now is a good time to enroll and/or to re-evaluate your monthly TSA contribution.
The Payroll and Benefits office has invited representatives from the CSU Tax Sheltered Annuity (TSA) plans and The Savings Plus Program to visit the campus and help with retirement planning. The fair will be held from 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. on Thursday, October 17 in the Commons.
Additionally the TSA fund sponsors will be available to hold one-on-one sessions by appointment before and after the fair in the same room. Please see the information below to schedule a one-on-one session with a Fund Sponsor.
- ING Life & Annuity (TSA) – Gary Bozin, email@example.com, (408) 881-0199 or Sanford Bressick, sbressick@ft.NewYorkLife.com, (707) 528-1597
- VALIC (TSA) – Michael Gelsinger, firstname.lastname@example.org (707) 331-4608
- MetLife (TSA) – Debra R. Verdi, email@example.com, (925) 415-0871
- Fidelity – General Account Questions 800 343-0860, Specific Account Questions – Joe Casey, Joe.firstname.lastname@example.org, (925) 334-2602
- Not Able to Attend - TIAA-CREF – General Account Questions (800) 842-2252, Specific Account Questions – Alden Wonnell, email@example.com, (415) 882-3559
The Savings Plus Program has been invited to discuss 457 and 401(k) plans as additional options for tax deferred savings. They will be available during the fair hours from 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Savings Plus Program (457 and 401(k)) – 855 616-4776 (Toll Free)
For those currently enrolled in the CalPERS or PST retirement program, most employees will need to supplement their retirement benefit with additional retirement savings. With a minimal investment of 50 cents a day, take advantage of “compounding,” which means money generates earnings as funds are re-invested over a period of time. Plus, there are additional opportunities to invest beyond the limit for those 50 or older, and/or have worked for the CSU for 15 years or more and missed opportunities to invest earlier.
SAVE THE DATES – December 16 - December 20 the fund sponsors and CalPERS will be hosting retirement workshops. These will be focused on how to prepare for retirement and save money. Please keep an eye out for further communication from the Payroll and Benefits Office.
For more information on TSA programs or questions in regarding to the upcoming campus visit of the fund sponsors, please visit the Payroll and Benefits website, www.sonoma.edu/paryroll or call us at x4-2793.
All CSU employees are eligible, with the exception of certain student positions.