Visiting Professor Positions
Current recruitments are listed below.
Full time is a 15-unit workload. Actual salary is dependent upon number of units assigned, educational preparation, experience, and availability of funds, subject to any CSU system faculty contract salary increases.
|Requisition Number||Position Announcement|
|104058||Visiting Assistant Professor, Economics|
|104073||Visiting Assistant Professor, Environmental Studies and Planning|
|104111||Visiting Assistant Professor, Curriculum Studies and Secondary Education|
|104112||Visiting Assistant Professor, Educational Leadership and Special Education|
|104119||Visiting Assistant Professor, Counseling|
|104128||Visiting Assistant Professor, Anthropology|
|104129||Visiting Assistant Professor, Women's and Gender Studies|
|104130||Visiting Faculty - English|
Instructions for Applicants
- Read the position announcement closely.
- Submit a letter of application electronically for each requisition to: email@example.com.
- Include all documents listed in the position announcement.
- Attachments should be in Microsoft Word (DOC or DOCX), Rich Text Format (RTF), or Portable Document Format (PDF).
- Closing dates are indicated in the announcement.
- All materials must be submitted directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not send application materials directly to the department.
- Submit questions regarding the application process to email@example.com. Specific questions regarding the position should be directed to the chair of the search committee listed in the announcement.
- If you are selected for an interview, the search committee chair of the hiring department will contact you to complete the Application for Academic Employment with instructions for submission.
- Official graduate transcripts are required at the time of hire.
Conditions of Employment
Employment is contingent upon our meeting expectations for enrollment. Should enrollments in the University, the Department, or the courses assigned to the individual tentatively selected not meet current predictions, the University reserves the right to cancel the appointment. If this unlikely situation were to arise, the individual tentatively selected would be paid on a pro-rata basis for those class sessions taught before the cancellation of the appointment.
Note: Sonoma State University hires only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States. All offers of employment are contingent upon presentation of documents demonstrating the appointee's identity and eligibility to work in accordance with the provisions of the Immigration Reform and Control Act.
Sonoma State University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to the principle of diversity. We seek a broad spectrum of candidates including members of underrepresented groups. Individuals with disabling conditions who require accommodation during the recruitment process may contact the ADA Coordinator at 707/664-2227 or TDD (using the California Relay Service) at 877/735-2929