School of Business and Economics
The School of Business and Economics houses the following departments and programs:
- Business Administration
- Wine Business
- The School is one of the 10 precent of business schools worldwide to have achieved accreditation by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business International.
- Students and alumni are recognized by the business community as having hands-on, practical experiences that enable them to immediately contribute to business results.
- Learning extends beyond the classroom curriculum to include internships, field projects, leadership in student organizations and other co-curricular activities.
- Through its Center for Advising and Placement (CAP), the School offers customized recruiting services to regional and national companies for internships and career placements including Chevron, Korbel, Jackson Family Wines, Target, Enterprise Rent-A-Car, Deloitte and Touche, KPMG, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Golden Pacific Systems, Exchange Bank, Redwood Credit Union, CrossCheck, and the County of Sonoma.
- Wine business faculty are acknowledged as international knowledge leaders in wine business marketing and strategy.
- A full slate of professional development courses attracts employees from more than 500 wineries.
- Based on their research, faculty are working to transform North Bay organizations focusing on achieving business results. Key activities include the North Bay Economic Outlook Conference, professional seminars in the Wine Business Program, the Sustainable Enterprise Conference, the Center for Regional Economic Analysis, and the small business consulting program.
- Outstanding Faculty are recognized leaders in their fields. Recent awards include the Gourmand Award for the best book in wine business, Santa Rosa Chamber of Commerce Outstanding Teacher of the Year, the North Bay Top 40 Business People under Forty, the best paper award at the Associate for Business Research Wine Research conference, and first place in the John Molson MBA International Case Writing Competition.