CSU Manual Evaluation Tools
These are the tools used to perform manual evaluation of web pages as described in the CSU ATI Web Accessibility Manual Evaluation Method. This is the process University web developers and content editors should use to determine whether their pages are in compliance with Section 508. If an accessibility problem is reported, this is the method the SSU Web Office will use to verify the problem.
- Web Developer Toolbar
- Accessibility Evaluator for Firefox
- This Accessibility Extension makes it easier for people with disabilities to view and navigate web content. Developers can use the extension to check their use of structural and styling markup that support functional web accessibility.
- Fangs text-reader simulation for Firefox. To use, right-click the page and select "View Fangs" from the context menu. You may have to click the "Reload" button to bring up the voice-formatted text.
- Accessible Information Solution Toolbar for Internet Explorer
- The Web Accessibility Toolbar has been developed to aid manual examination of web pages for a variety of aspects of accessibility. Good for users who have only have Internet Explorer on Windows.