How to Apply to the Single Subject Credential Program
Get Your Questions Answered
We encourage applicants to the Single Subject Credential Program to:
- read through the complete Basic Program and Structure Description
- attend an Information Workshop to learn about the program and the application process. Bring your questions to the meeting. Attendance is free, and no reservation is necessary. Single Subject Credential Program Information Workshops take place on the second Monday of the month (except on holidays) Check the worshop schedule for date and location information.
- or contact us in the Student Services/Credentials office at 707-664-2832 or firstname.lastname@example.org
All Credential and Master's Degree Applicants Must Apply to BOTH SSU and the Specific School of Education Program:
- You must apply to the Sonoma State University as a graduate/post baccalaureate student in order to be admitted to a Credential or Masters program in the School of Education.
- Please apply to SSU via www.csumentor.edu for your semester of interest.
- Then complete the application process for the School of Education Credential or Master's Degree program.
- Download the Single Subject Credential Program Application (PDF), and closely follow all step-by-step instructions in that document.
- To assist you as you work through the application, refer to the details regarding general School of Education admissions requirements on our Admissions/How to Apply page.
Prerequisite Enrollment Options
Summer – Courses will be offered through the School of Extended and International Education during Summer of 2016. However, a formal application needs to be approved by the School of Education in order to register. Please complete the Summer Prerequisite Form.
Fall or Spring - Submit a Graduate application via http://www.csumentor.edu and mention in the Statement of Purpose section that you want to take prerequisites.
Candidates may apply to a basic credential program prior to completion of or enrollment in the prerequisites. All prerequisite coursework must be completed in order to begin a Multiple or Single credential program.
Prerequisite courses by Program:
Single Subject Credential Program
EDUC 417 (3) School and Society*
EDSS 418 (3) Development in Adolescence and Emerging Adulthood*
Multiple Subject Credential Program
EDUC 417 (3) School and Society
EDEC 420 (3) Child Development in the Family, School or Community
EDMS 470 (3) Multicultural Pedagogy is a co-requisite course and can be completed before or during the program.
Course Substitution Process:
If you believe that you completed comparable coursework, please complete the Request for Substitution form and submit to the School of Education. One form is required per SSU course. Transcripts and course descriptions must accompany this form.
If you have any questions about this process, please contact the Credentials Office at 707-664-2832 or email email@example.com
APPLICATION DEADLINES-CREDENTIAL PROGRAMS
|Credential Program Name||
Fall 2016 Extended Application Period
Only complete application packets accepted in Extended Period
|Fall 2016 Application Period|
|Multiple Subject||Admissions closed for Fall, but you we will enroll soon for Spring 2017.||
November 1, 2015- February 28, 2016 (priority application window)
(Extended application period--only complete applications accepted during this time)
|Single Subject||March 1-March 31, 2016||November 1, 2015- February 28, 2016 (priority application window)|
|Preliminary Education Specialist||closes May 1, 2016||November 1, 2015- February 28, 2016 (with prior credential only)|
|Clear Induction Education Specialist Program||closes May 1, 2016||November 1, 2015 - May 1, 0216|
|Admin Services Preliminary/Clear||closes May 1, 2016||November 1 2015 - May 1, 2016|
offered spring, summer and fall semesters, call 707-664-2832
*Open to qualified intern candidates
NEED PREREQUISITE COURSES? Our prerequisites are offered in the Spring, Summer and Fall semesters. Apply now via www.csumentor.edu, or contact the Credentials Office for information: 707-664-2832 or firstname.lastname@example.org