Single Subject Intern Program
The Single Subject Intern Program
To be eligible to apply to the Sonoma State University Single Subject Intern program you must have the following completed.
- Program Admission: Application to the Sonoma State University Single Subject program.
- Statutory Requirements
- Pre-service Requirements
- Intern Program Application Evaluation Form
California and University Single Subject Credential Requirements
If you have not submitted an application, click here to download information and the application (PDF) for the Single Subject Program
Documentation to accompany the application includes:
- Statement of Professional Goals
- Two current (within the last 6 months) professional letters of recommendation
- One set of unofficial transcripts from all universities and colleges attended
- Verification of having completed 45 hours of Pre-program field experience within the age group you will be teaching
- Documentation of university Graduate/Postbac Admission
- Verification of U.S. Constitution (college level course or exam)
- CSET exam/Subject Matter Waiver (verification of passage of exams or subject matter waiver program)
- Verification of CBEST passage
- Copy of valid TB test (negative result & not older than 12 months)
- Verification of Fingerprints: submit one of the following documents
- Valid or expired Emergency Substitute Teaching Permit
- Valid or expired Short Term Staff Permit (STSP) OR Provisional Intern Permit (PIP) OR
- Certificate of Clearance
These are met by completing the following coursework:
- Classroom Management and Foundations and Planning
- EDSS 443b
- Reading and Language Arts
- EDSS 446
- Subject Specialized Pedagogy/Specialty Specific Pedagogy
- EDSS 444
- Developmentally Appropriate Teaching Practices
- EDSS 444Teaching English Language Learners
- EDSS 446
Legal Information Requirement: This must cover Illegal Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, and Child Abuse. It can be met by viewing the School of Education Legal Seminar Videocast and passing a test related to the content of that video OR by providing documentation showing you have met this requirement through other training.
Intern Application. If you have any questions, please contact the Intern Advisor indentified below:
- Employment verification.
- This must be verified by a letter of employment, on official letterhead from the employing school or district, verifying the date employment began, the type of assignment and location, and whether it is a full time or part time position (if it is part time the letter needs to specify the percentage of time you will be working)
- Completion of Intern Program Application Evaluation Form
- Completed and passed the Intern Application Interview process.
- Based on academic progress and professional dispositions and responsibilities
**Please check with your district of employment for CPR verification requirement.
If you would like further information please contact Dr. Susan Victor, Intern advisor for the Single Subject Program at firstname.lastname@example.org or 707-664-3320.