Educational Technology News and Resources for Faculty and Staff
Blog: Ed Tech Tips Blog: Fantashow, Soundcloud and Diigo
Are you interested in finding a way to share your students' podcasts or listen to audio books via the web? Looking for more efficient research methods, or wishing you could annotate the web with your own sticky notes? If so, then Assistant Professor Jessica K. Parker has a few recommendations for you in this, our first of the semester Ed Tech Tips Blog post. Give these tools a try:
Drop-In Tech Talks and Working Lunches
School of Education faculty are welcome to chat about educational technology with Assistant Professor Jessica K. Parker.
Drop-In Talks: Faculty and staff are welcome to drop in and chat to discuss and idea or troubleshoot an ed tech issue with Jessica. This one-on-one tech time would be perfect if you want to discuss a Moodle idea, a new tech tool, or innovative pedagogical practice. Meets in the Redwood Lounge adjacent to the School of Education in Stevenson Hall.
Working Lunches: Join Jessica Parker and SoE colleagues in the Redwood Lounge (atrium outside SoE office) for "working lunches" as we bring ideas for improving our lessons/courses and work together to implement these ideas. Pizza and salad will be served.
- Tues, Sept. 17th from 12-1:30pm
- Thurs, Sept. 26th from 1-2:30pm
- Wed, Oct 9th from 12-1:30pm
- Wed, Oct 23rd from 1:00-2:00pm
- Monday, Sept. 30th from 11:30-12:45pm with a focus on Google Docs (and your ideas!)
- Monday, Oct 14th from 12-1:30 with a focus on Moodle (and your ideas!)
- Friday, Nov 1st from 1:30-3:00pm with a TBD focus
School of Education Technology Challenge: FALL 2013
What is the SoE Tech Challenge?
- The SoE Tech Challenge is a non-competitive challenge for SoE colleagues (faculty, staff, and admin) to focus on one way to improve their pedagogical or work-based practice through the integration of technology. You can challenge yourself or be part of a small group-based challenge.
What is the goal of the SoE Challenge?
- The Challenge is a way for SoE personnel to try something new with technology and collectively challenge ourselves to improve the work we do (e.g. duties as a teacher, admin, or staff)
- It will allow us to focus on a technology tool that we think is potentially meaningful to our work
How will we share our Challenge experiences?
- Share out: SoE Meeting in January 2014
- Optional: Present at the Teacher Technology Showcase event (12/5)
What kind of support is available throughout the semester?
- Ask your group members (if you have them)
- Ask your students or peers if they can help you
- Be assigned a Challenge buddy to support you/groups throughout Fall
- Come to Jessica’s drop-in hours and working lunches
- Celebrate on Wed, Dec 11th: Come to the Student Union Bar before and after the credential ceremony