Filing for Your Credential

file folder illustration

Only qualified candidates who have completed Preliminary or Clear credential requirements can apply for a credential.

Below you will find links to the forms and instructions needed in order to request a credential through the School of Education at Sonoma State University.

Once downloaded, the completed forms and applicable fees can be mailed or hand delivered to:

School of Education
Credentials Office
Stevenson Hall 1078
1801 E. Cotati Avenue
Rohnert Park, CA 94928

If you have any questions regarding these forms, please contact us at


Summary: In the May Revision, the Governor proposed that the Commission on Teacher Credentialing’s (Commission) 2015-16 budget include a processing fee increase from $70 to $100 (reference Education Code §44235). The Legislature has adopted and the Governor has approved the proposal as part of the2015 Budget Act; therefore, the proposed fee increase will become effective July 1, 2015.

Key Provisions: Application Processing Fees Effective July 1, 2015, the processing fee for teaching and services credentials, certificates, permits, authorizations, and waiver documents (unless exempt) will be $100.00 (an additional $2.50 service fee will be assessed for online applications). The new processing fee applies to initial, renewal, and subsequent applications for teaching and services documents received at the Commission on or after July 1, 2015

We are working to update the forms on our website right now with the new fee information. The new fee is in place as of July 1, 2015 regardless of what our old documents may say.

Special Evaluation Service Request

Administrative Services

How to apply for your Preliminary Administrative Services Credential

How to apply for your Professional Clear PASC II Administrative Services Credential

Adapted Physical Education

How to apply for your Adapted Physical Education Authorization

Education Specialist

How to apply for your Preliminary Education Specialist Credential

How to apply for your Clear Induction Education Specialist Credential


How to apply for your Administrative Services Intern Credential

Single Subject and Education Specialist Intern Forms are only available by calling 707-664-2832.

Multiple Subject or Single Subject

How to apply for your SB2042 Multiple Subject Credential

How to apply for your SB2042 Single Subject Credential

Pupil and Personnel Services

How to apply for your PPSC Credential

How to apply for your PPSC Intern Credential

Reading Certificate/Reading and Language Arts Specialist

How to apply for your Reading Certificate or Reading Specialist Credential