Career Development Skills - Workshop and Coaching
NEW! Develop Your Career Skills with SEIE
- Are you unsure of your plans after Sonoma State?
- Do you know what job you want but not sure how to get it?
- Do you hope to move up where you work now?
- Do you want to head in a brand new direction?
- Can you explain to employers the value of your studies?
- Could you use some guidance moving forward?
If you can relate to these questions, read on.
The program Includes
- Two 4-hour career development skills workshops
- Two 1-to-1 coaching sessions with an expert
- Individual assessments
- Up-to-date advice on resume writing
- Mock interview practice
- Job search strategy
- Support from the instructor and your peers
You will learn a proactive approach to designing your career. First, you will learn how to clarify and identify the skills you most want to offer. Next, you will learn how to research organizations, target employers, network with professionals, and describe your strengths with confidence. You will learn how to conduct a successful job search. See the attached program description for further details.
This is an opportunity to get this expert assistance on career development! Enroll right away to reserve your seat.
Check out this Program Description for further details.
This career planning program will be offered twice during Spring 2017, in two pairs of workshops on campus:
- First 2-Session Workshop: Mondays, 3/06/17 and 3/20/17, 6:00–10:00 pm, Salazar 1052
- Second 2-Session Workshop: Saturdays, 4/08/17 and 4/22/17, 9:00 am–1:00 pm, Salazar 1051
In order to participate in this program:
- Contact the SEIE main office
- By Phone: 707-664-2394
- In Person: School of Extended Education, Stevenson Hall 1012, 1801 East Cotati Avenue, Rohnert Park, CA 94928-3609
- Register for EXED NC 101, section 101
- class #4831 – Monday workshops
- class #4832 – Saturday workshops
Note: You must register before 3/06 for the first pair of workshops or before 4/08 for the second pair.
- If you are a participant in an Extended Ed program, you will be asked to identify which one.
- There are 20 seats available in each pair of workshops.
The program fee includes one pair of workshops and two, individual coaching sessions):
- Walk-in students: $225
- Discounted Fee for:
- Current SEIE Professional Development Students: $195
- Current SEIE Academic Degree Students: $0 cost to the student!
See our drop/refund policy in General Information here.
There is no financial aid offered for this program.
Dr. Beth Milwid is the instructor for both sessions. Dr. Milwid, a psychologist specializing in career development, taught a pilot version of this program last semester at SSU and received rave reviews. She has also taught at Apple Computer, College of Marin, and other organizations. For more information, please visit her website: www.doctorbeth.com.
Join us for a rich and rewarding learning experience – it’s an investment that yields real world results!