The Faculty Center at Sonoma State is an inviting space where faculty are welcome to explore innovative teaching and learning practices supported by instructional technology specialists. Activities include educational technology workshops, SSU Learning Community events, self-service test scanning, screencast recording, and more.
Faculty are welcome to informally meet with colleagues or use computers in the lab. For questions about reserving a space for faculty meetings and functions please contact the Faculty Center front desk at email@example.com.
- Create opportunities for faculty to have more satisfying and productive professional lives and teaching experiences.
- Provide research-based recommendations in order to infuse educational technology.
- Promote enriching engaged practices that increase student outcomes.
- Establish a culture that encourages professional development.
You can contact us via phone or email:
Faculty Center consultants are prepared to assist faculty in the use of SSU’s learning management system, Moodle. Educational workshops, one-on-one assistance and troubleshooting issues are a number of ways the Faculty Center can assist. Appointments and walk-ins are both options to get the help faculty need.
Atomic Learning provides learners with access to online training resources for over 205 technology-focused applications. To access Atomic Learning go to login.sonoma.edu, enter your Seawolf user name and password, and click the Atomic Learning link.
Get in touch with the Faculty Center
How To Use the Technology-Enhanced Classroom
Drop-in (no registration required)
The IT Help Desk will be offering drop-in Technology Classroom Training Sessions:
- Thursday, August 20th at 11AM in Stevenson 2049
- Friday, August 21st at 2PM in Salazar 2021
- Friday, September 4th at 12 noon, Carson 14 and Carson 20 (meet first in Carson 14 at 12noon)
The 30-minute training covers the use of the average Technology-Enhanced Classroom, including:
- Start up of the projection and audio system
- Use of the installed computer, laptop, or other device such as an iPad (if using a Mac laptop or other device please bring your adapter)
- Video Playback (DVD/VCR)
- Quick troubleshooting
- How to contact IT Help Desk for assistance
IT Help Desk consultants will be available after the training to answer questions regarding rooms with differing capabilities. Please send workshop inquires to Mo Llanes, email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 707-664-3090.