During the Year
Residents are allowed to change rooms during the academic year as long as the request is official and approved. The first opportunity to switch rooms will be the first week after school starts. Room changes are performed weekly upon the submission of an online request. Priority is based on availability and needs of the students. For safety and security reasons, students must stay in their assigned room until they have been approved to move.
Moving belongings to the new room prior to your scheduled date may jeopardize your eligibility to live on-campus in the future and may put your personal belongings at risk of being donated to a local charity.
Weekly Room Changes for Spring Begin January 21st
Room changes for the Fall semester begin January 21st. Generally, room changes work in the following way:
- Submit an online Room Change request form to Housing Services. You will need to use your Seawolf Username and password. (What you use for your email and registration.) Link to form will be available end of day on January 18th. Due to campus closure, Housing will respond to requests on Tuesday, January 22nd.
- Housing Services will either contact you directly or forward the situation to Residential Life.
- In some instances, room changes may not be automatic and will require intervention from Residential Life staff with potential agreements being established.
- If the room change is approved then they would be given a few choices and if applicable, asked to check out the rooms.
- The Student Resident will meet roommates and notify the Housing Office of the desired room no later than Thursday of that week.
- The resident will then come in Friday after 1:00 p.m. to have their SSU Seawolf ID encoded with the new room so they can move over the weekend. They will be issued a temporary card for the old room which must be returned to Housing the following Monday.