Employment Paperwork

We are pleased to have you join us, and hope you will find your experience here rewarding. As a new member of our campus, or if you are returning, there are several things you need to be aware of to ensure we can properly establish you in our payroll system. In addition, you will find below information on campus parking for your first day. Additional campus information may be found at the Sonoma State University website.

As a reminder, please return your signed acceptance of the appointment letter and position description to Human Resources, Salazar Hall, second floor. In many cases, you will receive that appointment letter from your Appropriate Administrator, or Supervisor, on your first day of employment. Your pay cannot be processed, and you cannot sign up for benefits if you are eligible, until you have completed the necessary paperwork.

New Employee Paperwork

You are required to sign new employee paperwork in the Employment Services office:

  • if you are new to Sonoma State University, or
  • if your previous employment at this campus ended more than three years ago, or
  • if you held a Student Assistant position

Federal law and CSU policies require that your Employment Eligibility Verification forms (INS Form I-9) be completed no later than close of business on your first day of work. If you are eligible for benefits, and your first day of work coincides with the morning your Benefits Orientation is scheduled, you may sign up before the orientation begins.

What you will need to bring

  • It is required that your name and Social Security Number are reported exactly as stated on your Social Security card to the Internal Revenue Service and California Franchise Tax Board. To help expedite this verification processes please bring your original, non-laminated Social Security Card to your in-person sign-up.  If you do not have your original card please advise us at the time of sign-up.  For future use you may request a new card from the Social Security Administration.
  • Documents that demonstrate your identity and your eligibility to work in the United States to meet legal requirements of the Immigration and Reform Control Act. Documents that are acceptable to provide employment authorization may be found at Employment Services web site under the INS Form I-9 link in the New Employee Signup and Orientation section on the web page.
  • As stated in the job posting for your position, evidence of your degree(s) or certificate(s) is required at the time of your sign-up.

Completing Employee Paperwork

You will be completing the following forms to sign up as a new employee:

To expedite the sign-up process, you should complete these documents in advance, by clicking on the previous links. However, you must present these documents in person, along with your Social Security Card and Form I-9 documentation to the Employment Services department. Please allow fifteen minutes to complete this process at:

Human Resources, Salazar Hall, Second Floor
Office Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
(707) 664-3100
California Relay Service for TTY assistance: (877) 735-2929