Annual Benefits Open Enrollment
The annual benefits Open Enrollment period for CSU employees is September 14, 2015, through October 9, 2015. The effective date for all changes made during Open Enrollment will be January 1, 2016.
During the open enrollment period, eligible employees may:
- Enroll in or change health or dental plans;
- Add or remove spouse, domestic partner or eligible dependents to/from health and/or dental plan;
- Elect or cancel FlexCash. If you have other non-CSU medical and/or dental coverage, you may elect the FlexCash Plan which pays you cash in lieu of CSU coverage;
- Elect participation or re-enroll in the Health Care Reimbursement Account (HCRA) or the Dependent Care Reimbursement Account (DCRA). If you are participating in 2015, and want to continue participation in 2016, you must re-enroll during open enrollment.
SSU Open Enrollment Fair
On Thursday, September 17, 2015, we will be hosting an in-person Open Enrollment Fair in the Student Center, Ballroom B from 12:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. We have invited participating health plan representatives who will be available to answer your questions. In addition, the dental and vision providers as well as some of the other voluntary benefit vendors will also be available at the fair. Enrollment forms and supplemental material will be available for employees.
2016 Health Program Highlights
- CalPERS Health Plan Changes for 2016 - Beginning January 2016:
- Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield of California are introducing Welvie, an online tool that will help educate members when it comes to minimizing unnecessary surgeries
- Inclusion of Acupuncture and Chiropractic benefits for the PERS Care, Choice, and Select plans
- Acupuncture or Chiropractic services will provide twenty (20) annual visits (combined) for these services, regardless of medical necessity, at the standard office visit copay level ($15)
- Blue Shield of California will be enhancing the Prescription (Rx) benefit with a 90-day supply option allowing members the option to fill their prescriptions at select retail pharmacies
- United Healthcare has expanded its service area to also encompass Marin County
- United Healthcare Rx to offer a 90-day supply option at select participating retail pharmacies at the mail order price
- Health Net SmartCare is expanding into Napa, San Francisco Solano, Sonoma, and other nearby counties.
- Dependent Care Reimbursement Account (DCRA) and/or Health Care Reimbursement Account (HCRA) permit you to set aside a portion of your pay on a pre-tax basis to reimburse yourself for eligible expenses. If you are currently enrolled in the DCRA and/or HCRA, and wish to continue participation in the plan(s), you are required to re-enroll annually during open enrollment
- For 2016, the maximum annual contributions for HCRA has increased to $2,550. The maximum annual contribution for DCRA will remain at $5,000
- Flexible Spending Account Debit Card for HCRA Enrollees - In 2016, health care FSA participants who have elected the optional debit card will receive an updated card, the ASIFlex Visa Card. A set of two cards will be mailed to their home and additional card sets are available for $5 which will be billed to their FSA HCRA account. The optional “ASIFlex Visa” issued by ASIFlex, allows HCRA enrollees to pay for out-of-pocket medical expenses (i.e., health, dental, vision, etc.) as payment at Health Care Providers and at certain retail locations that have implemented an Inventory Control System, per IRS regulations. Employees must submit the Debit Card Application directly to ASIFlex to enroll in the debit card. For more information about the debit card, please visit the CSU Systemwide Benefits Portal at: www.calstate.edu/hr/benefitsportal/
- FSA claim payments began being issued daily effective August 1, 2015. Claims were previously paid only three times per month so this means participants will receive reimbursement faster. Claims can be filed online at www.asiflex.com, through the ASIFlex Mobile Application, by fax or mail.
- Vision Plan - The CSU is pleased to continue providing employees and their eligible dependents with a comprehensive vision plan for the 2016 plan year. The Plan will change to the Advantage Network from the VSP Regional Network Plan
- The VSP's Advantage Program will bring employees much more value due to many additional discounts and access to promotional programs within VSP; such as many popular lens enhancements (progressive, anti-reflective, photo-chromic, scratch resistant coating, polycarbonate, plastic dyes and UV protection). CSU employees will also receive a 20% savings on amounts over allowances.
- CalPERS Web Video - CalPERS offers an on-demand video that provides information from expert health plan representatives. Also included with this video are downloadable materials for the 2016 health plans. The video is available on CalPERS On-Line at www.calpers.ca.gov.
- Voluntary Benefits - The following voluntary benefits are offered through payroll deductions:
|Auto and Home Insurance 1-866-680-5142||California Casualty|
|Critical Illness Plan 1-800-433-3036||Aflac|
|MetLaw Legal Plan 1-800-438-6388||Hyatt Legal Plan, Inc.|
|Voluntary Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance 1-800-378-5745||The Standard|
|Voluntary Life Insurance 1-800-378-5745||The Standard|
|Voluntary Long Term Disability 1-800-378-5745||The Standard|
- Additional information regarding these voluntary benefit plans and how to enroll can be found on the CSU Systemwide Benefits Portal at: www.calstate.edu/hr/benefitsportal/. Please note that all of the above voluntary benefit plans, with the exception of the MetLaw Legal plan, allow employees to enroll throughout the year. Rates for The Standard Voluntary plans are listed in the 2016 Voluntary Standard Rates sheet.
- MetLaw Legal Plan - This is your annual opportunity to enroll in the MetLaw Legal Plan for a low monthly premium. The premium will increase to $21.70 from $19.70 effective January 1, 2016. The MetLaw Legal Plan offered by Hyatt Legal Plans, Inc., provides representation for many personal legal services for employees and their eligible dependents. Participants can receive services from a Network or Out-of-Network attorney. Services for covered legal matters performed by a Network attorney are fully paid for by the plan. Out-of-Network attorney fees for covered services are reimbursed based on a set fee schedule. Employees that do not enroll in the plan during open enrollment, will not have another opportunity to enroll in the plan until next year’s open enrollment period.
- CSU Dental Program - There are no benefit changes. Dental premiums will continue to be fully paid by the CSU for the 2016 plan year
To make an Open Enrollment change, please:
- Complete the Benefits Enrollment Information Worksheet. All forms are due in the Payroll and Benefits Office by Friday, October 9, 2015
- Your benefits will not change until January 1, 2016
- CalPERS Open Enrollment News
- 2016 CalPERS Health Benefits Program Basic Plan Rates
- To enroll in the Health Care Reimbursement Account (HCRA)and/or Dependent Care Reimbursement Account (DCRA), please complete the HCRA/DCRA Enrollment Form
- CSU Open Enrollment Brochure
- CSYou Open Enrollment Website
- CSU Systemwide Benefits Portal
If there is a discrepancy between this information and the official plan documents and contracts, the official documents will always govern.