Instructions: Draw a picture, show all work (including initial equation). Please box answers and include units in your answers for full credit.
1) Find the polar coordinates of a triangle with x component 8 m/sec and a y component of 7.5 m/sec.
R = 10.97 m/sec
q = 43.15 degrees
2) What are the rectangular coordinates of a triangle with rectangular coordinates of (35, 67)?
Y = 32.22
X = 13.68
3) Define scalar and vector and give an example of each.
Scalar has only magnitude. Mass
Vector has magnitude and direction. Acceleration
4) what is the displacement of a vector that travels from (3,5) to (23,22) ?
X = 23-3 = 20
Y = 22-5 = 17
5) What are the resultant vector and angle of the displacement?
R = 26.56
q = 40.36 degrees