Click here to check out the social psychology network - it includes all things social psychological plus general career information.
Click here to read Madeline Rose's suggestions for applying to graduate programs in social work.
- March, S. (May, 2012). Is Facebook Making Us Lonely? The Atlantic.
- If you would like to see where various countries stand on Hofstede's cultural dimensions, please click here.
- Wilson, E.O. (April 2, 2012). Biologist E.O. Wilson on why humans, like ants, need a tribe. Newsweek.
- Temple, J. (February 26, 2012). Jury's out on Zamzee, other forms of gamification. San Francisco Chronicle.
- Grant, A. (June 4, 2016). Unless you're Oprah, "be yourself" is terrible advice. New York TImes.
Stress and coping
Stereotypes, prejudice and discrimination
- Salas, E., Tannenbaum, S. I., Kozlowski, S. J., Miller, C. A., Mathieu, J. E., & Vessey, W. B. (2015). Teams in Space Exploration: A New Frontier for the Science of Team Effectiveness. Current Directions In Psychological Science (Sage Publications Inc.), 24(3), 200-207. doi:10.1177/0963721414566448
- NPR RadioLab discussion of social dilemmas
- New York Times story about the origins of waterboarding (CIA
decision-making could be viewed as a form of groupthink)
- Osherow, N. Making Sense of the Nonsensical: An Analysis of Jonestown
- A New York Times "op doc" about Penn State and Joe Paterno.
Attraction, Close Relationships
Heather Smith, Ph.D.
Course Project 2
Course Project 3
prejudice reflection assignment