The SSU Writing Center
1103 Schulz Information Center
1801 East Cotati Ave.
Rohnert Park, CA 94928
- Our knowledgable and friendly tutors can help with a wide array of concerns, from generating good ideas and organizing papers more clearly to learning citation formats and using semi-colons correctly. To make an appointment, come to the W.C. or give us a call at 664-4401 .
- Writing Group Facilitation:
- Groups of writers working on a common project--or different projects--can come to the W.C. and have meetings facilitated by a Writing Center staff member. Holding such meetings on a regular basis is a great habit for writers: they motivate you to start work early and to work hard; they provide you excellent, sustained feedback from knowledgeable readers. If you and some colleagues wish to hold meetings at the W.C., simply call or come down and speak with the Director.
- Consultations with Teachers:
- SSU teaching faculty are invited to consult with the W.C.'s Director, Scott Miller, a PhD specialist in the teaching of writing. We'll discuss your challenges (as well as successes) regarding incorporating writing into your pedagogy. Call Scott at the Writing Center, (707)664-4402, to set up a meeting.
- The W.C. creates and presents workshops of various kinds. For students, we can design a workshop to meet specific concerns (for example, WEPT workshops, professional writing workshops). For teachers, we present workshops in collaboration with the SSU Center for Teaching. We can also create special workshops on various aspects of writing for a specific class or discipline. Call the W.C. and ask to speak with the Director.