The Direct to Consumer Certificate
Enroll for the Fall Seminar Courses Today!
This certificate program will enable you to take your direct to consumer (DTC) sales to the next level. Taught by wine industry professionals in the various DTC fields, each seminar is designed to provide the individual with core concepts and proven tactics to increase DTC sales in multiple retail channels. Created in response to industry demand for a more tailored and encompassing program, this certificate will expand on topics such as DTC marketing, wine clubs, events, social media, mobile commerce and tasting room sales.
The Direct to Consumer Certificate requires the completion of (5) core courses and (3) electives for a total of (8) half day courses, which can be completed in one semester or at your own pace. The fee is $180 per seminar, or $150 for early bird registration (if you register more than one week before the date of the seminar you are eligible for early bird pricing). If you wish to complete both the Direct to Consumer and the Wine Industry Finance and Accounting Certificates, you can take a total of 14 seminars. When you have completed your 8 required seminars you will need to fill out the application to receive your certificate.
*Please Note: If you were in the process of completing your Tasting Room Management Certificate you have two options: (1) you can continue to complete the required core and elective seminars as we will still be offering the necessary required seminars or (2) you can transfer the seminars you have already taken to the DTC certificate and move towards completing that certificate instead. If you have questions please contact Wine Business Institute at 707-664-3347 or email@example.com
- DTC Marketing (DTC Core)
Nov 5th, 1:30pm - 5:30pm (Domaine Chandon, Napa Valley)
Nov 12th, 8:30am-12:30pm
- Selling through the Tasting Room (DTC Core)
Nov 12th, 1:30pm-5:30pm
- How to Build a Profitable Wine Club (DTC Core)
Nov 19th, 8:30am-12:30pm
- How to Create and Execute Successful Winery Events (DTC Core)
Nov 19th, 1:30pm-5:30pm
- Practical Strategies to Increase e-Commerce (DTC Core)
Nov 5th, 8:30am - 12:30pm (Domaine Chandon, Napa Valley)
Nov 20th, 8:30am-12:30pm
- Using Quickbooks in the Wine Industry (Elective)
Nov 7th, 8:30am-12:30pm
- Vineyard and Winery Taxation Basics (Elective)
Nov 7th, 1:30pm-5:30pm
- Tasting Room Management (Elective)
Nov 13th, 8:30am-12:30pm
- Wine Trends: What's Hot, What's Not (Elective)
Nov 13th, 1:30pm-5:30pm
- Three Tier Licensing and Your Winery (Elective)
Nov 14th, 8:30am-12:30pm
- Current and Upcoming Winery Compliance Issues (Elective)
Nov 14th, 1:30pm-5:30pm
- Uncorked: Secrets to Successful Video Marketing in the Wine Industry (Elective) Nov 20th, 1:30pm-5:30pm
* Please note: The information in the brochure regarding certain seminars may be out of date. Any updates will be found on this website.
Grow your career.
Register online. You will need the following information on hand:
- Class Number
- Credit Card
- Social Security Number
To register by phone with a credit card, please call Extended Education's customer service at 707-664-2394.
For more information, contact Jessica Heing - Program Coordinator at 707-664-3347