Wine Business Institute Seminars
These seminars are open to the public and may be taken individually or together to earn a Certificate. Click on individual courses below for descriptions, fees, class numbers, units, instructor and other registration information.
The Wine Business Institute offers two seminar based certificate program options. To earn the Direct to Consumer Certificate and/or the Wine Industry Finance and Accounting Certificate, students must complete the required core seminars plus the required number of electives, for a total of eight seminars. We also offer the Online Wine Business Management Certificate and the Wine Entrepreneurship Certificate.
Register early to receive a $30 discount on the course fee.
- Financial Accounting for the Wine Industry (FA Core)
Nov 5th, 8:30am-12:30pm
- Calculating the True Cost of your Wine (FA Core)
Nov 5th, 1:30pm-5:30pm
- Managerial Accounting for the Wine Industry (FA Core)
Nov 6th, 8:30am-12:30pm
- Budgeting, Forecasting, and Best Practices for Wine Businesses (FA Core)
Nov 6th, 1:30pm-5:30pm
- Using Quickbooks in the Wine Industry (Elective)
Nov 7th, 8:30am-12:30pm
- Vineyard and Winery Taxation Basics (Elective)
Nov 7th, 1:30pm-5:30pm
- DTC Marketing (DTC Core)
Nov 12th, 8:30am-12:30pm
- Selling through the Tasting Room (DTC Core)
Nov 12th, 1:30pm-5:30pm
- Tasting Room Management (Elective)
Nov 13th, 8:30am-12:30pm
- Wine Trends: What's Hot, What's Not (Elective)
Nov 13th, 1:30pm-5:30pm
- Three Tier Licensing and Your Winery (Elective)
Nov 14th, 8:30am-12:30pm
- Current and Upcoming Winery Compliance Issues (Elective)
Nov 14th, 1:30pm-5:30pm
- How to Build a Profitable Wine Club (DTC Core)
Nov 19th, 8:30am-12:30pm
- How to Create and Execute Successful Winery Events (DTC Core)
Nov 19th, 1:30pm-5:30pm
- Practical Strategies to Increase e-Commerce (DTC Core)
Nov 20th, 8:30am-12:30pm
- Uncorked: Secrets to Successful Video Marketing in the Wine Industry (Elective) Nov 20th, 1:30pm-5:30pm
* Please note: The information in the brochure regarding certain seminars may be out of date. Any updates will be found on this website.
Register for seminars online. You will need the following information on hand:
- Class Number
- Credit Card
- Social Security Number
To register by phone with a credit card, please call Extended Education's customer service line at 707-664-2394.
For more information, contact Jessica Heing - Program Coordinator at 707-664-3347.