Wine Business Institute Seminars
These seminars are open to the public and may be taken individually or together to earn a Certificate. Click on individual courses below for descriptions, fees, class numbers, units, instructor and other registration information.
The Wine Business Institute offers two seminar based certificate program options. To earn the Direct to Consumer Certificate and/or the Wine Industry Finance and Accounting Certificate, students must complete the required core seminars plus the required number of electives, for a total of eight seminars. We also offer the Online Wine Business Management Certificate and the Wine Entrepreneurship Certificate.
Register early to receive a $30 discount on the course fee.
Spring 2015 Seminar Series
- Exploring a Career in Wine Business (Elective)
Mar 12th, 8:30am - 12:30pm
- Setting Up Your Wine Business from a Legal Perspective (Elective)
Mar 12th, 1:30pm - 5:30pm
- Wine Marketing Basics (Elective) *Napa Valley Vintners
Mar 13th, 8:30am - 12:30pm
- Tasting Room Management (Elective) *Napa Valley Vintners
Mar 13th, 1:30pm-5:30pm
- DTC Marketing (DTC Core)
Mar 26th, 8:30am-12:30pm
- Selling Through the Tasting Room (DTC Core)
Mar 26th, 1:30pm-5:30pm
- How to Build a Profitable Wine Club (DTC Core)
Mar 27th, 8:30am-12:30pm
- How to Create and Execute Successful Winery Events (DTC Core)
Mar 27th, 1:30pm-5:30pm
- Practical Strategies to Increase e-Commerce (DTC Core)
Apr 2nd, 8:30am-12:30pm
- Social Media and Wine Marketing (Elective)
Apr 2nd, 1:30pm - 5:30pm
- Sustainable Winegrowing Day: Creating a Strategy for Your Wine Business (Elective)
Apr 3, 8:30am - 5pm
- State Compliance for Direct Shipping (Elective)
Apr 22nd, 8:30am - 12:30pm
- Using Quickbooks in the Wine Industry (Elective)
Apr 22nd, 1:30pm - 5:30pm
- Financial Accounting for the Wine Industry (FA Core)
Apr 23rd, 8:30am -12:30pm
- Calculating the True Cost of your Wine (FA Core)
Apr 23rd, 1:30pm - 5:30pm
- Managerial Accounting for the Wine Industry (FA Core)
Apr 24th, 8:30am -12:30
- Budgeting, Forecasting, and Best Practices for Wine Businesses (FA Core)
Apr 24th, 1:30pm-5:30pm
*Please Note: The most up-to-date information is found on the website.
Register for seminars online. You will need the following information on hand:
- Class Number
- Credit Card
- Social Security Number
To register by phone with a credit card, please call Extended Education's customer service line at 707-664-2394.
For more information, contact Jessica Heing - Program Coordinator at 707-664-3347.