TO: Campus Community
FR: Kendall Newman, Operations Manager for Risk Management and Safety Services on behalf of COVID Monitoring Team
Sonoma State University was notified of a positive case of COVID-19 on campus. The exposure occurred in the PE Building and Fieldhouse between the hours of 9 a.m. and 5 p.m on August 3, 2021.
University employees or students determined to have had close, direct contact with the COVID positive person will be contacted by the COVID Monitoring Team based on university records and exposure investigations by the end of the day today. Due to the location of exposure at Sonoma State University, no buildings or areas will be closed for sanitation.
Important Reminders and Resources
- Wear a facial covering when inside any campus buildings at all times while on campus
- Practice physical distancing at all times
- Wash hands with soap and water
- Use hand sanitizers provided
- Stay home if sick or if anyone in your household is suspected of being COVID-19 positive
- Complete the daily wellness screening online
- Report COVID exposure or symptoms, even if you are vaccinated
- Find up-to-date information on SSU’s response on the SSU COVID-19 website
- Information on COVID-19 leave and benefit information for employees can be found on the Human Resources website
In compliance with HIPAA privacy rules, SSU will not release any identifying information involving the private healthcare of one of our campus community members.
If you have any questions about any information included in this email, please contact email@example.com.
Stay safe and well.