TO: Campus community
FR: Kendall Newman, Operations Manager for Risk Management and Safety Services on behalf of the COVID Monitoring Team
Sonoma State University was notified of three positive cases of COVID-19 on campus. The exposures occurred at the following buildings on the dates and times listed below. Individuals determined to have had close, direct contact with the COVID positive persons will be contacted by the COVID Monitoring Team based on university records and exposure investigations by the end of the day today. Due to the nature of the exposure, additional cleaning of these spaces is not required. No campus buildings will be closed due to this exposure.
The following locations on Monday, August 16:
- Schulz Information Center, 1st Floor from 3 p.m to 5 p.m
- Salazar Hall, 1st Floor intermittently from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The following locations on Tuesday, August 17:
- Salazar Hall, 1st Floor intermittently from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Student Center, 1st Floor intermittently from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
The following locations on Wednesday, August 18:
- The Children’s School from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Schulz Information Center from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Cooperage from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Student Center, 1st Floor from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Darwin Hall from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- PE Building from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.
The following locations on Thursday, August 19:
- Student Center, 1st Floor from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Important Reminders and Resources
- Wear a facial covering when inside any campus buildings at all times
- Practice physical distancing when possible
- Wash hands with soap and water
- Use hand sanitizers provided
- Stay home if sick or if anyone in your household is suspected of being COVID-19 positive
- Complete the daily wellness screening online
- Report COVID-19 exposure or symptoms, even if you are vaccinated
- Find up-to-date information on SSU’s response on the SSU COVID-19 website
- Information on COVID-19 leave and benefit information for employees can be found on the Human Resources website
In compliance with HIPAA privacy rules, SSU will not release any identifying information involving the private healthcare of one of our campus community members.
As a reminder, the COVID-19 testing center is available to the Seawolf community in the Recreation Center, today. Appointments are not required this week, but pre-registration is required. Use this link to access the registration page: avellinocov2.com/patient/register. You will need your student or employee ID number to access this service. Testing will also be available next week and hours of operation will be announced tomorrow.
If you have any questions about any information included in this email, please contact email@example.com.
Stay safe and well.