TO: Campus community
FR: Missy Brunetta, Director for Emergency Services and Associate Risk Manager on behalf of the COVID Monitoring and Compliance Team
Sonoma State University was notified of two positive cases of COVID-19 on campus. The exposures occurred on the following dates and times:
- Recreation Center on September 2 and September 7 from 3 to 5 p.m., and September 8 from 7 to 9 a.m.
- Student Center, 1st and 2nd floors, on September 2 and September 7 from 7 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Darwin Hall, basement level and 1st floor, on September 7 from 1 to 4 p.m.
- Zinfandel Village classrooms on September 8 from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Anyone determined to have had close, direct contact and other direct exposures with the COVID positive individuals will be contacted by the COVID Monitoring Team within the next twenty-four hours, based on university records and exposure investigations. Due to the nature of the exposure, no areas or facilities will be closed to the campus.
Important reminders and resources:
- Wear a facial covering when inside any campus buildings at all times
- Practice physical distancing when possible
- Wash hands with soap and water
- Use hand sanitizers provided
- Stay home if sick or if anyone in your household is suspected of being COVID-19 positive
- Complete the daily wellness screening online
- Report all COVID-19 exposure or symptoms, even if you are vaccinated
- Find up-to-date information on SSU’s response on the SSU COVID-19 website
- Information on COVID-19 leave and benefit information for employees can be found on the Human Resources website
In compliance with HIPAA privacy rules, SSU will not release any identifying information involving the private healthcare of one of our campus community members.
COVID-19 Testing Center: For your convenience, the university is hosting a COVID-19 Testing Center in the Denali Gym. Check the COVID-19 Testing Center website for dates and times of service. Appointments are not necessary, but pre-registration is required. Use this link to access the registration page: avellinocov2.com/patient/register. You will need your student or employee ID number to access this service.
If you have any questions about any information included in this email, please contact email@example.com.
Stay safe and well.