Applause Award: Matthew Lopez-Phillips, Student Affairs and Enrollment Management; John Muller, Library Access Services

Thumbnail image for Thumbnail image for Thumbnail image for applause.jpgMatthew Lopez-Phillips, Interim Vice President for Student Affairs and Enrollment Management
"Matthew Lopez-Phillips worked tirelessly to keep the Multicultural Center open and to facilitate the Hiring Committee, leading to the widely appreciated appointment of Mark Fabionar to direct the Center. In the face of important but challenging questions and perspectives from faculty that diverge significantly from his own, Matthew listens with focus and grace. Matthew's attendance at student events, his humor, and his consistent support is especially noteworthy."

-- Nominated by Janet Hess, Associate Professor, Hutchins School of Liberal Studies, May 2, 2012

John Muller, Library Assistant III, Access Services
"Over the course of this semester, I have had a number of odd multimedia needs, especially as related to material whose forms are difficult to use. In every instance, John Muller has come through with an innovative and instant solution to my problems. He has helped me to enhance my teaching through his expertise in the area of Media Services, and I am very grateful. (Plus, he knows everything about movies and is just great to consult on this topic.)"

-- Nominated by Suzanne Toczyski, Professor of French, April 18, 2012

This Month's Events

Subscribe to SSU NewsCenter

Connect