Hudson Street Design of Marin: Inside Sales Trainee
August 18, 2014 9:34 PM
They are currently seeking an Inside Sales Trainee at their San Rafael location.
POSITION REPORTS TO:
HSD Showroom Manager
OVERVIEW OF DUTIES:
The Sales Staff Trainee is responsible for assisting with sales at Hudson Street Design. The goal of the trainee position is to grow into a Commissioned Sales Staff position within 6 months. The trainee will assist the sales staff, and also begin establishing, developing, enhancing and expanding customer relationships.
In addition to this overview of job duties, other assignments or job duties may be required.
SPECIFIC AND ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES, LISTED IN ORDER OF PRIORITY:
1. Maintain a professional and courteous relationship with all established customers in an effort to not only maintain but continually expand current levels of business.
2. Attend regularly scheduled staff meetings to review current sales activity, new or potential prospects and new products.
3. Support the operation of HSD as needed, performing any and all sales tasks required by the HSD Showroom Manager.
4. Become proficient with HSD Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software.
5. Become proficient in the product lines and design & pricing software that HSD offers, including by not limited to, Andersen, Milgard, Marvin, Fleetwood, Jeld-WEN, Integrity, LaCantina, Emtek, Baldwin, Ashley Norton, Manzoni, TMCobb, Simpson, Rogue Valley, Hafele, Rocky Mountain, and others.
6. Become familiar and proficient with HSD suppliers and their representatives.
7. Complete product quotations to customers in an expeditious and accurate manner.
8. Process purchase orders and invoices in an expeditious and accurate manner.
9. Become knowledgeable in building products and standard construction practices to assist and advise customers as requested.
10. Contact prospective customers by telephone and in person on a regular basis to solicit new business.
11. Strive to improve and enhance personal selling skills through outside training, professional development books, videos, seminars and all in-house programs.
12. Attend vendor training and facility visits as needed to obtain sufficient product knowledge to sell and support all products on display in the showroom.
13. Attend training programs and receive certification from recognized organizations in areas of building materials, construction practices, sales, marketing and service.
14. Work in a safety conscious manner at all times. Follow all safety regulations and security guidelines. Actively contribute to work safety and security.
15. Maintain a safe, clean and pleasant work environment.
1. Ownership -- One simple way to make a difference is to do any job you tackle the best it can be done. Take personal pride in your results and understand that they are a reflection of you.
2. Team Player- Have the skills to work together with your coworkers unselfishly and for the common good.
3. Attention to Detail / Accuracy - Our products and our work can be complex. Errors and omissions can be extremely costly to our customers (and us). Pay close attention to everything that you do and minimize mistakes.
4. Documentation Expert -- Much of what we produce and sell are critical parts of a legally-binding contract. Understand all of the documents that are necessary to inform and protect our customer and our company.
5. Business Acumen -- is keenness and quickness in understanding and dealing with a business situation in a manner that is likely to lead to a good/expected outcome.
6. Behaviors include:
Dress -- You are a professional, so dress like one.
Meet & Greet -- Be outgoing, enthusiastic, and gracious to all.
Positive Attitude -- No one wants to do business with a skeptic or a curmudgeon. Be upbeat! Keep your face always toward the sunshine -- and shadows will fall behind you.
Polite -- Being polite in the workplace and following proper workplace etiquette is a must.
7. Accessible -- Always be available to your customers. Always leave instructions on your whereabouts and time of return.
8. Responsive -- Even when you don't have an answer, always respond to all inquiries on the same day that you received them.
9. Honest & Truthful -- There are no alternatives to the truth. If a mistake has been made, then admit it. If a problem has occurred, then explain it and solve it.
10. Problem Solver -- That's why customers come to us. Take the time to understand a customer's challenge before embarking on a cure.
11. Product Expert -- HLC stands above our competitors because we are constantly striving to improve our levels of expertise and always in search of finer quality and higher value products for our customers.
12. Connector -- Understand the value of trusted relationships and constantly strive to expand your relationships. There are few greater gifts than sharing your connections with others.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
1. High School Diploma and some college level coursework.
2. Minimum 2 years experience in wholesale or retail building material sales.
3. Valid California Driver's License
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS OF JOB:
1. Ability to understand and communicate written and spoken information and ideas.
2. Ability to analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
3. Type 20 words per minute and use a mouse or other pointing device.
4. Ability to lift, carry and maneuver goods that may weigh 50 pounds, utilizing additional personnel and mechanical assistance as required.
5. Ability to courteously and professionally interact with our Customers.
6. Ability to encourage and build mutual trust, respect and cooperation among team members.
7. Ability to keep up to-date technically and apply new knowledge to job.
8. Ability to manage work time efficiently.
Start Date: ASAP
How to Apply: Email your resume and cover letter to MCilenti@hlc-inc.com