Admission and Application
If you have completed your secondary education, you are eligible to apply to SSALI. In order to receive your student visa you should:
- Print a copy of the application form, fill out and return the signed form to:
1801 East Cotati Avenue
Rohnert Park, CA 94928-3609 USA
- Include proof of high school graduation and official transcripts in English
- Include a copy of page 1 of your passport
- Include an official income statement or bank statement verifying availability of funds, minimum $10,000 per semester ($3000 for 5-week summer session)
- Enclose a check or money order payable to SSU for U.S. $125 (the non-refundable application fee) or provide credit card information on the application form
Certain advanced SSALI students may be eligible to simultaneously take a limited amount of SSU coursework for degree credit through "Open University."
Admission to the University
SSALI enjoys a cooperative arrangement with the SSU Office of Admissions. A student with a TOEFL score of 61 iBT or above can apply for undergraduate admission directly to the University. The university TOEFL requirement for undergraduates will be waived for students who successfully complete the advanced level of SSALI.
If the TOEFL score is below 61 iBT or unavailable, students should apply to SSALI. Students can request "Conditional Admission" to Sonoma State University, and their transcripts will be evaluated at the time of application.