The Residential Community will close Saturday, December 15th at noon.
How To Move Out
- CHANGE YOUR ADDRESS It is your responsibility to change your mailing and home address and phone number. We will be using the mailing addresses listed on your MySSU to forward your mail. Change your mailing address no later then December 31st. Your HOME address is your permanent home and your MAILING address is for payroll related documents, financial aid checks, and where you want your mail forwarded. If you don’t have a MAILING address, we will use your HOME address instead. Housing will inactivate your campus address starting January 3rd.
- RETURN MAILBOX KEY Before leaving campus, return your mailbox key to Housing Services. If you do not return your mailbox key to us, you will be charged $25 for us to replace the key. Please do not return your Seawolf ID to us!
- RETURN YOUR ROOM TO MOVE-IN CONDITION Start cleaning and organizing your stuff now! You are expected to restore your residence to a condition similar to the way it was when you moved in. Failing to clean will result in excecssive cleaning charges. Reduce the amount of trash and recycling that is collected the last few days by disposing of items now. This will help with the overflow of dumpsters and trash cans during those last few days.
- ROOM INSPECTION University staff will start inspecting residences the week of December 17th. Staff are looking for major damages like holes in walls, broken doors, bent screens, or cleaning problems like filthy bathrooms, kitchens, and carpet stains. While normal wear and tear is expected, a trashed and filthy home is not acceptable.
- ROOM CONDITION FORMS AND DAMAGE RESPONSIBILITY When you moved in or switched rooms you were given a Room Condition form. We compare these forms against our room inspections to determine what was pre-existing. If you didn’t fill out the Room Condition form and something is discovered as needing cleaned or repair, you (and/or housemates) will be charged. All occupants are charged equally for damage or cleaning of the bedroom and/or residence, unless someone takes responsibility for it. Individuals claiming responsibility will need to complete a Damage Responsibility form. Write out in detail who is claiming responsibility for what item. All responsible parties need to sign the form in order for th eform to be valid. Charging all licensees equally is a normal rental practice. The way to avoid being charged for something you didn’t do is by getting the other individual to accept responsibility.
- PAYING YOUR CHARGES & FINALIZING UNIVERSITY BUSINESS Once all the charges are calculated and finalized, we will email you an itemized invoice which will be due in thirty days. Security deposits were not collected from the residents, which means all damages and excessive cleaning charges will be an additional out of pocket expense.Please make sure you have connected with all the appropriate offices and have completed everything that was needed.