TO: Campus Community
FR: Kendall Newman, Operations Manager for Risk Management and Safety Services on behalf of COVID Monitoring Team
Sonoma State University was notified of a positive case of COVID-19 on campus. The exposure occurred in Darwin Hall between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m on June 29, June 30, and July 1, 2021.
Individuals determined to have had close, direct contact with the COVID positive person will be contacted by the COVID Monitoring Team based on university records and exposure investigations by the end of the day today. Due to the length of time between confirmation of positive cases and notification of exposure to Sonoma State University, no buildings or areas will be closed for sanitation.
As a reminder to the campus community, all individuals are required to take a daily wellness screening. This is an important tool to help keep our campus safe and reduce potential COVID-19 exposures.
Our primary focus is on our campus community’s health and safety, and our mission remains to empower every student for success. The situation regarding COVID-19 continues to evolve in our region, and we must remain collectively vigilant. In compliance with HIPAA privacy rules, SSU will not release any identifying information involving the private healthcare of one of our campus community members.
Important Reminders and Resources
- Wear a facial covering when inside any campus buildings at all times while on campus
- Practice physical distancing at all times
- Wash hands with soap and water
- Use hand sanitizers provided
- Stay home if sick or if anyone in your household is suspected of being COVID-19 positive
- Complete the daily wellness screening online.
- Report COVID exposure or symptoms, even if you are vaccinated.
- Find up to date information on SSU’s response on the SSU COVID-19 website
- Information on COVID-19 leave and benefit information for employees can be found on the Human Resources website
If you have any questions about any information included in this email, please contact email@example.com.
Stay safe and well.