TO: Campus Community
FR: Kendall Newman, Operations Manager for Risk Management and Safety Services on behalf of COVID Monitoring Team
Sonoma State University was notified of a positive case of COVID-19 on campus. The exposure occurred in Salazar Hall between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m on July 9, 2021.
Individuals determined to have had close, direct contact with the COVID positive person will be contacted by the COVID Monitoring Team based on university records and exposure investigations by the end of the day today. A portion of Salazar Hall will be closed for cleaning by Facilities Management today. Individuals impacted by the closure will be contacted by the COVID Monitoring Team.
Important Reminders and Resources
- Wear a facial covering when inside any campus buildings at all times while on campus
- Practice physical distancing at all times
- Wash hands with soap and water
- Use hand sanitizers provided
- Stay home if sick or if anyone in your household is suspected of being COVID-19 positive
- Complete the daily wellness screening online.
- Report COVID exposure or symptoms, even if you are vaccinated.
- Find up to date information on SSU’s response on the SSU COVID-19 website
- Information on COVID-19 leave and benefit information for employees can be found on the Human Resources website
In compliance with HIPAA privacy rules, SSU will not release any identifying information involving the private healthcare of one of our campus community members.
If you have any questions about any information included in this email, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stay safe and well.