TO: Campus Community
FR: Missy Brunetta, Director for Emergency Services and Associate Risk Manager on behalf of the COVID Monitoring Team
Sonoma State University was notified today of two positive cases of COVID-19 on campus. The dates and times of exposure associated with these cases are as follows.
- July 26 between 8 a.m. - 1 p.m at the Facilities Cooperation Yard
- July 26 between 8 a.m. - 9 p.m. at the Cooperage
- July 27 between 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. at the Cooperage
Individuals determined to have had close, direct contact with the COVID-positive persons have been contacted by the COVID Monitoring Team based on university records and exposure investigations. Due to the length of time between confirmation of positive cases and notification of exposure to Sonoma State University, no buildings or areas will be closed for sanitation.
Important Reminders and Resources
- Wear a facial covering when inside any campus buildings at all times while on campus
- Practice physical distancing when possible
- Wash hands with soap and water
- Use hand sanitizers provided
- Stay home if sick or if anyone in your household is suspected of being COVID-19 positive
- Complete the daily wellness screening online. Report COVID exposure or symptoms, even if you are vaccinated.
- Find up to date information on SSU’s response on the SSU COVID-19 website
In compliance with HIPAA privacy rules, SSU will not release any identifying information involving the private healthcare of one of our campus community members.
Please take care of yourself, your family, and fellow community members by following the federal, state, and local health officials’ recommendations as we manage through this challenge together.
If you have any questions about any information included in this email, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stay safe and well.