TO: All employees
FR: Kendall Newman, Operations Manager for Risk Management on behalf of COVID Monitoring Team, and Erin Taylor, Director for Labor and Employee Relations
As previously communicated, employees of the California State University system are required to be fully immunized with a booster against SARS-CoV-2 or to attest to an exemption to the vaccination, the virus that causes COVID-19, beginning February 28, 2022. Boosters must be received within 30 days of an employee’s vaccine eligibility.
To self-certify your vaccination status please login to myHR and navigate to the CSU COVID19 Self Certification link. Alternatively, you may click through the following path:
Main Menu>Self Service>Personal Information>CSU COVID19 Self Certification
Please note that you will need to upload a new picture or scan of your vaccination record by removing the previous one and replacing it.
Requirements by Bargaining Unit:
- Managers, confidential staff, and non-represented members: All non-represented employees are required to upload proof of booster. This includes managers, confidential staff, and special consultants.
- California Faculty Association (Unit 3): Members of CFA are required to provide proof of booster or upload an approved exemption (details on how to apply for an exemption are listed below).
- California State University Employee Union (Units 2, 5, 7, and 9), Teamsters Local 2010 (Unit 6), Statewide University Police Association (Unit 8), Union of American Physicians and Dentists (Unit 1), Academic Professionals of California (Unit 4) and Academic Student Employees (Unit 11): Members are welcome to provide proof of booster.
If you have a prior medical or religious/deeply held belief exemption to the COVID-19 vaccine, you do not need to recertify your exemption. Employees who previously received exemptions for “Not Accessing Campus” should review and recertify based on their current schedule.
If you are now seeking an exemption for the booster, the following exemptions are accepted through certification in the COVID-19 Vaccination Self-certification Tool in MyHR.
- That you are seeking a Medical Exemption due to a medical condition (including mental health) for which an approved vaccine presents a significant risk of a serious adverse reaction. Employees seeking a medical exemption must submit the Vaccination Exemption Request for a Medical Reason Questionnaire completed by a certified or licensed healthcare professional by March 11, 2022.
- That you are seeking a Religious/Deeply Held Belief Exemption due to either
a. (i) a person's sincerely held religious belief, observance, or practice, which includes any traditionally recognized religion, or
b. (ii) beliefs, observances, or practices which an individual sincerely holds and that occupy a place of importance in that individual's life, comparable to that of traditionally recognized religions.
- That you will not be accessing SSU or other CSU campus facilities at this time and understand that when this changes, you will abide by the requirements to recertify your vaccination status.
Employees working on campus with an approved exemption will be subject to the weekly testing requirement, please click here for hours and information for the campus testing center. Employees and managers will receive direct communication from Employee and Labor Relations and the COVID Monitoring once entered into the testing program.
If you are having trouble with the MyHR COVID-19 Self-certification tool, please contact HR@sonoma.edu.