TO: All employees
FR: Missy Brunetta, Interim Senior Director for Risk Management, Emergency Services and Campus Safety Operations
As part of the university’s emergency preparedness efforts and in compliance with fire code requirements, SSU is conducting building evacuation drills Wednesday, February 1, 2023. SSU makes every effort to ensure our staff, faculty and students are prepared for the event of emergency. These drills help prepare our campus community in the event of a building evacuation.
A few reminders:
- Promptly exit the building through the nearest emergency exit when alarms sound
- Direct those around you to exit, including students during instruction
- Know your exit routes ahead of time to help facilitate the evacuation
- Ensure doors are closed behind you when exiting offices and spaces
- Do not take elevators during drills or real-life emergencies
- After evacuating, move at least fifty feet from the building and keep fire lanes clear
- Do not reenter the building until given the “all clear” from first responders or other university officials (building marshals or Facilities or Risk Management staff)
If you are unable to evacuate due to disability, injury, or other issue, please relocate to the nearest stairwell, if possible. Call SSUPD to notify them of your location and need for assistance. If you need additional support during evacuation, please contact Emergency Services for an individualized evacuation plan.
For detailed information on evacuations, visit the Emergency Services Evacuation Procedures information.
Building Emergency Plans
SSU’s Office of Emergency Services maintains Building Emergency Plans for all on-campus buildings. These can be accessed by SSU employees and students through the Emergency Services website.
For more information about emergency management at SSU, please visit emergency.sonoma.edu. If you have any questions about this test, please contact the Office of Emergency Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.