For those looking for help with APA format, here are two recommendations from Troy Lenning:
will meet Mondays, Wednesdays, 10:10 - 11:50 am in Chalk Hill.
this course, students should be able to understand and critically evaluate
major research methods in psychology and the social sciences.
- Articulate the value of empirical social science research.
- Explain different research methods used by psychologists and other
- Describe how various research designs address different types of questions
- Evaluate the appropriateness of conclusions derived from empirical
research. " Interpret basic statistical conclusions.
- Distinguish between statistical significance and practical significance.
- Evaluate the validity of conclusions presented in research reports.
- Recognize that theoretical and sociocultural contexts as well as personal
biases may shape research questions, design, data collection, analysis,
- Generalize research conclusions appropriately based on the limitations
of particular research methods.
- Recognize the limitations of applying normative conclusions to individuals.
- Acknowledge that research results may have unanticipated societal
- Recognize that individual differences and sociocultural contexts may
influence the applicability of research findings.
Stangor, C. (2007). Research Methods for the Behavioral Sciences. Belmont, CA: Wadsworth Publishing.
Heather Smith, Ph.D.
Guide to APA reference format
Sample APA style paper